Mini-flavored baguettes with greens
Put the ingredients in the bread machine during the kneading and leavening program, or knead by hand until the dough is elastic and then leave it to rise for an hour in a warm place.
The dough is divided into 5-6 pieces and rolled into a baguette. Flatten a little by hand and put the filling. Some are filled with olive slices, others with finely chopped red onions, others with grated garlic. Then roll it lightly and place it in a tray lined with baking paper. Leave to rise for another half an hour, in a warm place and covering the tray with a clean towel.
Grow the sticks with a knife and grease with beaten egg, then sprinkle over the mixture of dried herbs and a few finely diced olives.
Put the tray in the preheated oven and leave it until the baguettes are lightly browned and smell great all over the house :)
Then remove on a wire rack and leave to cool.
Method of preparation
We cut the lamb legs from place to place and put a clove of garlic in the formed place.
Crush the rest of the garlic and mix it with oregano, Italian greens, salt and pepper.
Grease a bowl with a little butter or lard and put the thighs sprinkled with greens on both sides.
We cut the onion into small pieces with the leaves and mix it with the wine. We keep aside a cup of this mixture to prepare the sauce and we put the rest of the wine in the bowl over the legs.
Bake the thighs in the preheated oven at 180 degrees.
From time to time, grease the meat with the sauce from the pan until the steak is nicely browned on both sides.
We prepare the sauce by draining the sauce left in the tray, after we take out the steak on a plate (but we keep it warm).
Add water until a 200 ml cup is filled.
Put butter (lard) in a pan and add the flour, meat sauce, mustard and cup of sauce that I kept.
Bring to the boil and stir continuously until the sauce thickens a little and boils. If necessary, season.
We prepare a puree from boiled potatoes, another from boiled carrots and another from spinach.
Serve the steak with puree in three colors, sauce and lettuce.
Turkey breast steak
In a pressure cooker, heat the olive oil and the spices. Add the flattened pepper
Veal fillets with vegetable garnish.
Season the meat with thyme, salt, pepper and 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic and put in the fridge.
Garlic cream with greens and butter for appetizers or grills
Garlic cream with greens and butter for appetizers or grills. Spicy green cream for spreading slices of fresh or toasted bread (crostini), for baked, boiled or fried potatoes, boiled vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli) or for grilled steaks. Pasta flavored with greens and garlic. How to make garlic paste with parsley and green onions?
I made this garlic cream with greens and butter to flavor with it some grilled baked potatoes and some delicious skewers. Butter paste with parsley, green onions and garlic is made in a few seconds and extremely tasty.
I really like spicy and flavored creams for spreading slices of bread, canapés or vegetables and fried meats in the oven or on the grill. This garlic cream with greens and butter also contains green onions and cumin & # 8211 a very fine combination! It is somewhat similar to butter flavored with greens but is softer and can be spread on bread (spreadable). Flavored butter recipe you can find it here.
The green spicy cream is prepared in a few seconds with the help of a kitchen processor or blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. For extra flavor you can add (besides green parsley) and other aromatic herbs: thyme, oregano, basil, etc.
It can be served with slices of toast or as a topping for baked or fried potatoes, beef steaks or grilled pork or chicken, stuffed or sauteed mushrooms, grilled assorted vegetables, etc.
Here's how to make spreadable butter that doesn't harden in the fridge (for quick sandwiches) – see the recipe here.
From the quantities below we obtained approx. 4 servings of garlic cream with greens and butter for appetizers or grills.
600 ml of water
3 tablespoons pink peppercorns
fresh mint leaves
fresh melissa leaves
green leaves of lemon verbena
fresh rosemary leaves
fresh thyme leaves
small pieces of nectarine or small pieces of watermelon
3 teaspoons Fuchs lavender flowers
|Caloric value:||4 kj (1 kcal)|
|of which saturated fatty acids:||0.01 g|
|of which sugars:||0.13 g|
Freezer greens & # 8211 two convenient freezing methods for dill, parsley, larch, etc.
It is known that now we always find fresh greens in markets and shops, but, at least for me, in winter I go shopping less often and I happen to not have the greens I need at hand. In addition, in winter they are all more expensive, otherwise the connections are more anemic, you know how it is.
That's why at the beginning of each fall I make time to put greens in the freezer in sufficient quantity, which I will use in winter for soups, broths and meat or fasting dishes.
During this period, even if we do not have our own vegetable garden, we find in the market naturally grown vegetables cheap, tender and full of flavor. With 10 Ron I took a big bag of aromatic herbs that I get all winter.
What greens do we put in the freezer for the winter?
We freeze the greens we use in the right proportions. It can be frozen: dill, parsley, larch, tarragon, thyme, celery leaves, mint, etc.
I prefer thyme dry & # 8211 see here how to proceed. In the freezer I put: dill, parsley and larch. Sometimes, but less often celery leaves which give a great taste to stews. tarragon I don't use much, but it can freeze very well. It is used mainly in Transylvania, for meat dishes.
neither Mint I'm not freezing. For teas I dry it, just like on thyme, and for desserts I have a pot on the kitchen windowsill where I break fresh leaves for decoration if needed.
Regarding quantities, I recommend that you orient yourself according to your cooking habits. For example, I freeze less larch than parsley. I use the larch only for sour soups, while I also use parsley for soups, but also for two kinds: meat or vegetable dishes, rice, pies, pasta, etc. So I need a bigger amount of parsley than larch. It's about the same with dill.
How to prepare greens for the freezer?
The greens are washed very well under running water because they hide a lot of dust and insects among the leaves and ribs. Also, be careful not to leave other weeds among the greens.
It is very important that the greens are not wet when we put them in bags or pots. If they remain wet, they will make ice crystals that affect the properties of the leaves and in addition, they will stick together and we will not be able to sprinkle them nicely on the plate, for example.
After washing, shake the plants well with water and leave them for half an hour spread on a newspaper that absorbs moisture. If necessary, dab them with paper or cotton towels.
How to freeze greens for the winter?
In time, after trying several methods, I stopped at two of them, which are the most comfortable for me to do and use. Freezing methods are also related to everyone's cooking and serving habits.
E.g lovage I put it in the pot of hot soup at the end. That's why I put about 2-3 tablespoons of chopped larch in small bags, from the thin ones for sandwiches. I put the small bags in a plastic bag, special for the freezer (like the ones here) to make sure that the greens don't catch other smells. I make sure to write the contents on the bag so as not to confuse them. When I'm done with the soup, just cut a bag with scissors and let the frozen larch into the soup and I'm done.
dill I usually sprinkle it, also at the end in the pan with food or as a decoration, directly on the plate. In order to be able to sprinkle it, I need it not to be lumpy, but to be scattered, so that I can easily take 2 tablespoons of dill that will fall nicely. That's why I put the dill in pots, I press it a little to fit as much as possible, but I don't insist on compacting it. use plastic pans, disposable, which I then put in bags. To make sure the bags fit snugly, I fasten them with elastics. You can see how to proceed in the photos above.
For parsley I apply both methods. For soups I put small bags that I release in the pot, and for dishes and decorate the plates before serving, I put parsley in the pans.
There is no universally valid solution. Adapt your methods and quantities to your cooking habits and to the space you have available in the freezer or in the refrigerator. Pots, of course, take up more space than green bags, but if you do, experiment and see what works best for you.
Don't forget to label your bags and pans! Frozen greens look about the same and do not smell, so it is very easy to confuse them if it does not clearly write what each bag or box contains.
Pasta with spicy tomato and green sauce
Easter before running. This weekend I resumed running through the forest. Mom, how hard it was! All winter I would run through the park, on the flat, and the return to uneven ground was difficult. I was completely out of shape. However, I broke my record, I managed to run 11 km, after last summer I ran a maximum of 8 in Faget. I think that these spicy and fragrant pasta with a rain of greens gave me the energy to finish the route. From now on it can only be better.
Ingredients lamb chop in aromatic herb crust and / or pistachio
- 1-1.5 kg. Frenched rack of lamb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ link of green parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 rosemary branches
- ½ mint binding
- 2-3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons of finely grated Parmesan or the same amount of ground pistachios
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- sauce: 75. ml good quality dry red wine, 20 grams of butter, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1 clove of garlic, 1 onion salad (or a slice of ordinary onion), 60 ml. of chicken soup, 2 tablespoons of worcester sauce, salt and pepper to taste
- pea puree: 400 grams of green peas, 2 green onions, 20 grams of butter, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves, 3-4 tablespoons of cooking cream, salt and pepper
Preparation of lamb chop in the crust of aromatic herbs and / or pistachios
1. First step: season the lamb chop with coarse salt, freshly ground pepper and a few chopped rosemary leaves. If you did not buy the sliced lamb chop as seen in the picture below, ask the butcher to arrange it for you. With a little skill, you can handle yourself. I leave the seasoned meat aside for 20-30 minutes, enough time for the spices to penetrate the meat.
Cooking meat in a pan and oven
2. Switch on the oven and set it at 200 ° C. Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Put the lamb chop in the pan, browning on all sides for 2-3 minutes. About ten minutes in total. This phase is very important, browning the meat at high temperature will help you "seal" the juices inside and will not allow the steak to dry in the oven.
3. The well-browned chop is put in the preheated oven at 200 ° C for 7-8 minutes, for a more bloody cooking level (recommended for gourmets who appreciate maximum taste, juiciness and texture). Those who want better cooked meat can extend the cooking time to 10-15 minutes.
Cooking meat in sous-vide
4. After browning the lamb chop as I explained in point 2, take it out of the pan and put it in a special sous-vide bag. More about the tools and materials needed for sous-vide cooking I explained here. In the bag you can add 1 clove of garlic and 1 sprig of rosemary (optional). Empty the lamb chop. The water bath is heated to 52 ° C for a rare degree of cooking, 54 ° & # 8211 56 ° C for an average degree of cooking respectively 58-62 ° C for a well-made lamb chop. The recommended sous-vide cooking time for the lamb chop is 1 hour, maximum 1 hour and a half. After this time, remove the lamb chop from the water bath and the bag and continue with the aromatic herb crust.
Another recipe with lamb, cooked in sous-vide, you can find it by clicking on the picture below.
Aromatic herb and / or pistachio crust
5. While the lamb chop is in the oven or in the oven, prepare the crust of greens. We put in the blender bowl 1 clove of garlic, the chopped rosemary leaves, the mint leaves detached from the stems and chopped large and the chopped green parsley. Add the breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese. For the pistachio crust variant, Parmesan cheese is replaced with peeled pistachios. Crush everything with a blender until you get a homogeneous appearance. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and blend a little more, just enough to bind them.
Finishing the chop with the green crust
6. After the cooking time has elapsed in the oven (or sous-vide), the lamb chop is removed. Grease the chop with mustard on the entire surface of the meat. It is coated in the crust of aromatic herbs, pressing well, so that the crust adheres perfectly to the meat.
7. Put the lamb chop back in the oven for 4 minutes, just enough to harden the crust. After this time, remove and set aside for 8-10 minutes before cutting.
Simple guide to the level of cooking of the lamb chop
A tip to prepare the steak exactly to your taste: each cooking level corresponds to a certain internal temperature of the meat. If you have an instant meat reading thermometer, keep in mind that:
- for a lamb chop in the blood, the internal temperature should be 52 degrees Celsius
- for a medium-rare lamb chop (the meat is hot inside, but still pink, and the blood does not leak at all & # 8211 as it was mine) the thermometer should show 54-58 degrees Celsius
- for a well-made lamb chop, the internal temperature can reach 68-72 degrees. Moreover, it is not recommended at all, it is even a sacrilege.
Attention, the thermometer probe must be inserted in the middle of the meat, without touching the bone!
Lamb cutlet in herb crust and pistachio & # 8211 preparing the sauce and serving
8. While the steak is resting, prepare the sauce. Drain all the fat from the pan in which the lamb is browned. Add the red wine, chicken soup, orchid sauce, garlic clove, onion, dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon of tomato paste. Boil everything until it boils until it is reduced by half. Remove the garlic and onion and pass the sauce through a sieve. In the hot sauce, add the cold butter, gradually. Stir until the butter emulsifies with the protein-rich sauce, which will thicken slightly. Match the taste of salt and pepper.
The sliced lamb cutlet is arranged on preferably hot plates (2, maximum 3 pieces per serving are enough), add the sauce and garnishes and the food is ready to serve. I served this lamb chop in flavored herb crust with a pea puree with mint and potatoes cooked twice & # 8211 click here for the recipe. How to prepare the pea puree can be found immediately below.
Preparation of pea puree
1. Boil the green peas together with the green onion cut into pieces in salted water (picture 1).
2. Boil the peas exactly as long as they need to be cooked, not an extra minute, otherwise they would lose their color.
3. Strain the peas through a sieve and rinse briefly under running cold water. Then put it in a saucepan and pass it with the hand blender (picture 2).
4. After the peas and onions have turned into puree, pass them through a sieve so that all the skins are retained by it (picture 3).
5. The much finer puree obtained is put back in the pan, add the butter and mint (picture 4).
6. Add the cream spoon by spoon, until you get a puree with a fine texture, suitable for thickness (picture 5). Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
It should be noted that the lamb chop steak can be served with other garnishes than the ones I recommend (which, however, fit perfectly). Go for a simple mashed potato, a ratatouille or grilled or steamed vegetables.
I hope you like the recipe for lamb chop in herb crust and pistachio. He and my family loved it. The fact that the meat preparation is inspired by Gordon Ramsay may be an extra reason for many of you to try the recipe. Great appetite!
You can find other lamb recipes with a click on the picture below
You can find more suitable garnish recipes by clicking on any of the following titles: