Spicy & Healthy Chicken Soup
Chicken soup is the ultimate comfort food. This healthy version packs spicy flavor, thanks to jalapeño. The squash and cabbage greens are seasonal and healthy, but you can add whatever veggies you like.
- 4 cups thin wedges mixed cabbages (such as bok choy, Napa, and savoy)
- 4 cups cooked chicken (see Spicy Chicken Stock)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Basil leaves, cilantro leaves with tender stems, and chili oil (for serving)
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
Heat stock in a large pot over medium.
Meanwhile, cut squash into 4 wedges and remove seeds. Cut each wedge into 4 pieces. Add squash to stock and simmer until tender, 8–10 minutes. Add cabbage and cooked chicken and cook until warmed through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide soup among bowls. Top with jalapeño and some basil and cilantro; drizzle with chili oil and finish with a pinch of ginger. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Do Ahead: Soup (without toppings) can be made 3 days ahead. Let cool; cover and chill.